When it comes to choosing an attic ladder for your home, do you know one rung from another?
We have all the tips on how to choose an attic ladder and all the key things you need to know when choosing the best attic ladder for you.
To find out more keep reading our blog below or give Nuspace a call on 1300 502 995.
Things to consider when choosing the right attic ladder for your home
There are a number of things to take into consideration when choosing a ladder for your attic space including:
- Size – what is the width of the opening?
- Height – what is the ceiling height?
- Loads – how heavy will the items be that are moved via the ladder (you + carried up – 150kg)?
- Materials – what stability is required? Would you benefit from a timber or aluminium ladder?
- Usability – how often will the ladder be used?
Best attic ladder choice
Nuspace recommends aluminium ladders rather than timber as they are best suited for heavier use especially if you will be going up and down a lot.
Benefits of aluminium ladders
- Stability and durability.
- No wearing.
- Makes attic use more comfortable.
- Aluminium ladders come in range of sizes so they can be put in any ceiling.
- People get more use from an attic if they have an aluminium ladder.
Why you need a professionally installed attic ladder
When it comes the installation of an attic ladder, it’s a job best left for the professionals for a number of reasons:
- Ceilings not being level can make installation difficult.
- Damage can be made to the ceiling during install – brittle old ceiling plaster and matte plaster (decorative ceilings).
- Framing of the ladder opening – this should be done by a qualified carpenter due to structural concerns and impact made on cutting and ceiling joists.
- Falling concerns – we are insured if anything was to happen.
How to choose an attic ladder
Nuspace is Sydney’s leading attic specialist. We work closely with our clients to find the roof storage solution based on their brief, budget and the space available. Ask us how you can save thousands by investing in usable attic space.
Offering great value for money and high quality workmanship from qualified, trustworthy trades; you can be assured that the job will be done properly in a timely manner by Nuspace.
We can help you with attic ladder installation, essential attic storage, clean rooms, attic rooms (requiring no council approval) through to full attic conversions. We also specialise in roof windows, traditional skylights and Illume – The Skylight Alternative.
For a no-obligation quote, enquire here or call our friendly team on 1300 502 995.